cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source based SSH

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 6506 switch having 10 L3 vlans. I want to ssh on any router from this 6509 switch. My requirement is, I want to use different differnet vlan for SSH as a source. I m getting the feature in telnet like telnet x.x.x.x /source-interface. But I am not getting any option in SSH.

Please help how can I do it?

7 Replies 7

sridsdale
Level 1
Level 1

ip ssh source-interface

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, I have 6506 switch having 10 L3 vlans. I want to ssh on any router from this 6509 switch. My requirement is, I want to use different differnet vlan for SSH as a source. I m getting the feature in telnet like telnet x.x.x.x /source-interface. But I am not getting any option in SSH.

Please help how can I do it?

Hi Rupesh,

for ssh support also you should have crypto ios image in your switches, configure the following command in switches ip ssh source-interface " interface or vlan "

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

hello, found this post which is now related to my problem, i am using the ssh source interface command on my 6509-E but when i am doing copy runn scp; the packets are not taking the specified source interface ip, i am using  Version 12.2(18)SXF8, could it be the bug or am i missing some thing?

Thanks.

Zeeshan A.

AFAIK, there's no command to manipulate the source of SCP copies, so it will be based on the RIB lookups, i.e. the best outgoing interface in accordance with 'sh ip route will be chosen as the outgoing interface.

HTH,

Ivan.

The ip ssh source-interface commad did work on other switches and routers like 3500/3700/2800 Coz without this comand the scp was not talking the desired source IP and worked when i used this command, but it didnt work for 6509.any clue?

Hi Zeeshan,

you're right, it works this way.

But due to CSCse79611 it is broken from 12.2(18)SXF5 onwards and works again in 12.2(18)SXF9

I hope this helps!

Ivan.

Perfect! i will try to upgrade.

Thanks for Help.

Zeeshan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco