cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-1X10GE-L-V2EP appears to be a new lower cost 10Gb SPA available for the ASR what features are missing on this SPA

relsethagen
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up an ASR with 10Gb connectivity. I noticed a new card that does not appear to show up in any data sheets. This card is considerably less expensive than the other SPAs and I am wondedring what the differentiators are for this card. I would also be interested in what tranceiver type this card supported.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You didn't say what the other SPA card is.

As for SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 Here is the data sheet

also the transceiver is XFP (10-Gbps XFP optics)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_data_sheet0900aecd804dc62d.html

HTH

The configuration tools show a card SPA-1x10GE-L-V2EP

I don't see the EP version of the card in the data sheet. The EP version is 4k list compared to 20k list for the card withouth the EP designation. What does EP stand for and why is it so much less expensive.

oscar.medellin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the same Question About Cost, In fact I try to check in many Documents and I can´t find Anything.

Oscar,

What I think I determined was that the EP is the same part but it is only orderable in the ASR-SB bundles. The premise is that if you order a SB part number with the SPAs at the same time you can configure a much lower cost solution. What I have never seen is any supporting material around the SB bundles and any limits on availability. I am sure there is a slide deck somewhere outlining the SB bundles but I haven't ever seen it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card