Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRR question

In Cisco press is written that traffic with CoS=6,7 will be dropped when ingress queues are full. Does this mean that STP may suffer or CDP? Are there any mechanism to protect control traffic?

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to QoS, there is another element called pak_priority.

This article goes over in detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk544/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094612.shtml

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Some devices provide SPD (selective packet discard); to favor "important" ingress packets, i.e. provide some additional ingress queue elements for those.

Hello

You don't say what switch model your are using but regards 3550 I assume this would not be case as its priority queue holds these cos settings?
Maybe Joseph and Edison could clarify this?

3550 -WRR
-the default priority queue is q4 ( cos6/7) q3 (cos4/5)

3560/3750 -SRR
- the default priority queue is q1 (cos5) q4(cos4/6/7)

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

STP or CDP traffic is marked with CoS=6 or 7? I dont get this moment. BPDUs are marked?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card