Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH version 2 not supported on cisco 3560 g switch

Sandipan Khatke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is SSH v2 feature is supported on cisco 3560G switch for below image if no please let us know the latest image .

c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin)

BR,

Sandip

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sandpan,

it definitely supports SSHv2. Adding a note to Peter's post, i was using SSHv2 on a 3560G with a 12.2(44) in one of the previous ISP where i was working for. Remember to verify in the IOS you set that the OS doesn't "fall back" to SSHv1.5 because some of them do it.

Take Care

Alessio

View solution in original post

Hello Sandip,

As Alessio correctly noted (thanks, Alessio!), yes, these IOS versions will definitely support SSHv2. Make sure you configure your switches using the ip ssh version 2 global configuration command.

You can always verify the particular supported features of an IOS using the Cisco Feature Navigator at http://cisco.com/go/fn - click on the "Search by Image" link and paste the IOS name into the form.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sandip,

The Catalyst 3560 switches support SSH but your IOS is too outdated and also, it is an IOS version that intentionally lacks strong cryptographic features such as SSH (it is called "IP BASE W/O CRYPTO" - that's why you have no SSH support).

The most recent IOS version for your switch is either 15.0(2)SE if your switch has 32MB of FLASH memory, or 12.2(55)SE6 if your switch has 16MB of FLASH memory. Be careful to order the IOS whose name contains a "k9" - that is a designation that it contains strong crypto features, i.e.:

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE6.bin

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE.bin

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter for your resonse

I agree with you but have a little bit confusion ,Is above IOS version will support SSH version 2

Thanks in advance

BR// Sandip

Hello Sandip,

As Alessio correctly noted (thanks, Alessio!), yes, these IOS versions will definitely support SSHv2. Make sure you configure your switches using the ip ssh version 2 global configuration command.

You can always verify the particular supported features of an IOS using the Cisco Feature Navigator at http://cisco.com/go/fn - click on the "Search by Image" link and paste the IOS name into the form.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Sandpan,

it definitely supports SSHv2. Adding a note to Peter's post, i was using SSHv2 on a 3560G with a 12.2(44) in one of the previous ISP where i was working for. Remember to verify in the IOS you set that the OS doesn't "fall back" to SSHv1.5 because some of them do it.

Take Care

Alessio

I second that. I recently upgraded few 3560 switches to 122-55.SE6 and SSH 2 works just fine.

hth

MS

Thanks Ales

We can use above IOS version for the same. Please let us know is below IOS version is okay for SSH V2

c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE.bin.

Good day

BR//Sandip

Hi Sandipan,

i have never implemented this specific version but there is an easy test for checking whether the SSH sessions falls back to SSHv1.5 or not. Just download putty and set the following:

you set "2 only" and then you open a session with your switch. nice test that is required during security audit.

Hope this helps

Alessio

HI,

Good Day ...

As per Cisco nevigator, above said IOS version not supported to SSH v2 ...Can you recheck and confirm again which IOS version will be support to SSH v2.

BR//Sandip

Sandip,

The Feature Navigator seems to talk nonsense. I've just checked it with both 12.2(55)SE6 and 15.0(2)SE IP SERVICES IOSes that I have around, and both support both client and server SSHv2. I believe that IP BASE will have the same support.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

Good Morning & Nice to see you over it again.....:)

Can you give me any artifacts so that same I can share with my client.

BR//Sandip

Hi Sandip,

Can you give me any artifacts so that same I can share with my client.

I am sorry, I do not understand this requirement. Can you say it in different words please?

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: