Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack cables c9200L vs c9500L

zeeshanzahid510
Level 1
Level 1

Need your guidance.

Which Stack cable can be used for cisco switch stacking of C9200L-C9200L and C9500L-C9500L.

Kindly share the difference, if possible also share the image of cables with name so that i can understand it well. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C9200-L support Traditional Stacking required stack cable (you can stack up to 8 switches in the stack) - as per the document hearing you can do more, but failure rate is high if whole stack go down, i suggest to have 4 in stack is good and reasonable.

C9500 - not support traditional stacking, it only supports StackWise virtual - it only supports 2 device per domain. ( you need 10GB SFP to connect each other with VSL and DAD Links(any speed).

C9200 more of Access Layer

C9500 more of Core Switch.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the link below has an image of a type 4 stacking cable required for the 9200L:

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-STACK-T4-3M-Stacking-Cable/dp/B07PFY33VM

The Catalyst 9500 supports StackWise virtual technology, so you don’t need stack modules or stack cables. Simply connect the ports of your Catalyst 9500 switches and configure the interfaces with 'stackwise-virtual link x' in order to get the stacking functionality.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C9200-L support Traditional Stacking required stack cable (you can stack up to 8 switches in the stack) - as per the document hearing you can do more, but failure rate is high if whole stack go down, i suggest to have 4 in stack is good and reasonable.

C9500 - not support traditional stacking, it only supports StackWise virtual - it only supports 2 device per domain. ( you need 10GB SFP to connect each other with VSL and DAD Links(any speed).

C9200 more of Access Layer

C9500 more of Core Switch.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card