Views
Helpful
Replies

Static IP Mapping for Cisco 891 Router

ipodtrip01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Does anyone know if the Cisco 891 does Static IP mapping and where I can get instructions how to use Static IP Mapping?

Is the Static IP Mapping done throught CLI or through the CCP?

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Do you mean "static nat" or "static ip address and mac-address" or something else?  Please explain a bit more about your question. 

Toshi

I want to assign a static ip address to a server,a laptop.

On the WRV S4400N I was able to do this through the GUI and I had just need to enter the Static IP,Mac Address,Host name.

Can this be done on the Cisco 891 router and how would this be done?

Hi,

this is  called a DHCP manual binding and it can be done this way:

1) create a parent DHCP pool for dynamic leases

-exclude all real static addresses: ip dhcp excluded  x.x.x.x  y.y.y.y  where x.x.x.x is starting IP and y.y.y.y is ending IP

you can use multiple command like this one and you can only use one IP if you will

ip dhcp pool MYPOOL

network 192.168.1.0 /24

default-router 192.168.1.254    this is an excluded address

dns-server 192.168.1.253        same as above

domain-name  xxxxx

lease x  x  x 

2) create the child pool for the manual binding    one child pool per host

ip dhcp pool MYHOST

host 192.168.1.5 /24

client-identifier 01XX.XXXX.XXXX.XX    where XXXXXXXXXXXX is the MAC address of the host

or

hardware-address XXXX.XXXX.XXXX

To know if you need client-id or hw-address just let your host get a dynamic IP from parent pool and then issue show ip dhcp binding command to see if it uses client-id or hw-address

then  release IP on host enter correct command in child pool and renew IP on host.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

You could use the Cisco Configuration Professional GUI to configure dhcp pool and static binding as well. Navigate to

Configure > Router > DHCP > DHCP Pools

Configure > Router > DHCP > DHCP Bindings
Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Chaitra

Using the CCP

I went to the DHCP Pools and I have one there already named ccp-pool1, Interface is Vlan1

in the DHCP pool Range value is 192.168.2.175-192.168.2.254

I presume DHCP Pool Range is the IP that the client are being issued. 

Now I went to the DHCP bindings under the DHCP.

there are 3 fields Name,Host IP address, Mask

for these fields what name should I use, for the Host IP is this the static IP I want to issue from the pool Range above, I can pick for example 192.168.2.176 if its avaviable to use. For the Mask is that the subnet that I am using which is 255.255.255.0

For the Identifier drop down box do I select Hardware Address since I am going to use the Mac address of the host.

For type do I select Ethernet. After that I click on Ok, will the router needed to be rebooted to reflect the changes added.

In the Utilites do I need to write the Startup Configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card