cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static NAT between Subnets

zacot12345
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2921 ISR and a 2504 WLC. I have a wired network 10.0.10.0/24 and a wireless network 10.0.20.0/24. NAT, I'm trying to set up some kind of static NAT to make a wireless device (my phone) appear on the wired network so that I can connect my phone to Zoom (has to be on the same network). How could I set this up? I already have a statically assigned address on my phone 10.0.20.6 and I'd like to translate this to 10.0.10.100.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not sure why you need NAT. Routing between two subnets will be enough to have communication between your Phone and Zoom network.

Can you elaborate why you need to be on same network ?

Also, if you have requirement for NAT, then currently how Routing is handled between different Vlans/Subnets. What device is the default gateway for your Voice & data network ? Is it the Router or core/aggregation switch has been used ?

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is the router the default gateway for both subnets? How many devices do you need to statically NAT?

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: