Views
Helpful
Replies

Static Route Disappear and BGP advertise

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I would like to confuse static route in routing table.When i add static route in routing table i didn't see this route in routing table.In the lab i can see ( #sh ip route) this static route.So let me know when static route can not display in routing table ? I knew if interface is up static will be always in routing table .is it correct ?

I aslo want to know BGP advertisement.I have many branches and one DC.we are peer to ISP router with BGP.if we increase new site one advertise route are added to our DC router that peer to ISP router also.I don't want alot of advertise route to MY DC router.I want only one summarize route ,is can be ? Let me know bgp can advertise ISP router to my DC router that everywhere you want to go come to me ?

17 Replies 17

Hi,

Thank for your explain. I just want to know ISP PE router can advertise single route or default route to our CE router only ? 

Hi,

I think it is MPLS connection.it is private network.

My CE router config is not too much.DC and branches router are same configuration in my side.Only change AS number for each site.we are using EBGP.

router bgp 65XX
bgp log-neighbor-changes
neighbor 198.XX.XX.XX remote-as XXX

Hi,
Can you share the Show IP route output? It will help us to understand the receiving route details.
Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card