Views
Helpful
Replies

Static route in use?

muca
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

Is there a command to find out if a static route is being used?

Thanks

Murilo

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps there is some aspect of your question that I do not understand. But it seems to me that you can check to see if a static route is being used with the command show ip route static. If the static you interested in does appear in the output then the static route is being used.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick.

Let me explain it better. I have several static routes configured on a 3750 and I think that some of these routes may not be required anymore...to be sure I was wondering if there is some sort of command that could give me some indication that the route is being "hit" or not...similar to Sun Solaris netstat -rnv command.

Cheers

Murilo

Hi,

I don't know any command that does this automatically, either.

So you have to do it the hard way. Write down all the static routes, then remove one at a time and see if the network is working properly. If those routes are too many, you should copy the running-configuration to your TFTP server before proceeding. This way you won't have to type if something goes wrong.

Just take your time when you remove each static route. Wait as long as it needs to make sure it's not used.

Best regards,

Giorgos

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Murilo

Thanks for the clarification. I obviously did not understand what you are trying to achieve. Unfortunately I do not believe that there is a command that does this.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card