Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

static route leaking ... Is there a similar command to JUNOS "next-table"

Dears

Would like your assistance please regarding below

Is there a similar command to JUNOS "next-table" in Cisco ?

Would like to do MPLS VPN route leaking between 2 vrfs. route-targets can not be used as I am only receiving default route so leaking default route is never a good idea. Problem I can't use static route as there is no next-hop/interface being an MPLS network

What I wish is to define specific static routes and tell router to search in a different VRF for the next-hop/interface.
From what I can see is that leaking with static route can only be done by specifying an interface that is in a different vrf

;i.e  ip route vrf blue x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 fa0/1 10.0.0.0.2

interface fa0/1
 ip vrf forwarding green
 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0

What I wish to do

ip route vrf blue x.x.x.x/24 next-table orange

Any ideas ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hi sherifismail,

I haven't understand why you can't use a static route specifying an interface of the second VRF. Could you explane little more ?

Enrico

Hello

You can trying using a static to Null 0 and advertise it and then use RT's to import it.

Ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y. null 0

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Dears

Thanks for your reply/assistance

@ Enrico

Unfortunately I can't use this as next-hop interface is the MPLS interface so actually no next-hop IP

@ Paul

This would be possible from remote side. Bad news I have no access to it

I did a workaround for this issue but its not the best solution.

Thanks

Regards

Sherif Ismail

As far as I know you can make the config suggest by Paul on your router, MP-BGP can import between VRFs on the same router, no need  to configure the static route on a remote router. Am I wrong ?

E

Dear Ciollaro

Lets say I am having 2 VRFs on router R1 ; vrf orange and vrf green.

vrf orange is importing RT 1:1 from MP-BGP/MPLS  that includes among many prefix 10.0.0.0/24 .

Now there are users in vrf green who want to access servers within same prefix however restriction that you should not do use import/export nor do changes in remote side thats why I was thinking of Juniper command "next-table"

Thanks

Regards

Sherif Ismail

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card