Views
Helpful
Replies

Static routing not working

rutgerterhaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm stuggling with a static routing file, I did got a picture with how it suppose to be but I can't find the mistake. Maybe someone here can help?

Packet tracer: https://filebin.net/u3wzmckov4oz22zh/RSE-Ch1-Lab02.pkt?t=ikm1cjc4

Thanks,

Rutger

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you need three static routes on each router, one for each remote subnet. Attached the file with the static routes (saved in version 8.0).

View solution in original post

Hello

TBH applying static routing to that design would be very administrative, you would need static routes for each network pointing to all other rtrs otherwise if you lost an interface you would begin to blackhole traffic, By the looks of it that would mean at least 2 routes for remote each subnet on each rtr againist a simple dynamic routing protocol such as rip

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tyson Joachims
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not sure what version of Packet Tracer was used to create that file but I tried a couple of versions and none of them would open it.

Alternatively, you could upload the output of a "show run" of each of the routers

Hello,

you need three static routes on each router, one for each remote subnet. Attached the file with the static routes (saved in version 8.0).

Hello

TBH applying static routing to that design would be very administrative, you would need static routes for each network pointing to all other rtrs otherwise if you lost an interface you would begin to blackhole traffic, By the looks of it that would mean at least 2 routes for remote each subnet on each rtr againist a simple dynamic routing protocol such as rip

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card