cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP 720-3B with IOS 122-33.SRE6 (ICC-5-HUGE_BUFFER Error Message)

attnnshtoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Any one come across  following error meassage. When i upgrade the IOS 122-33.SRE6 (SUP 720-3B), once the SUP card bootup  this error meassage "%ICC-5-HUGE_BUFFER: Class [RPC ]" appear. i gone through the release note do not  see any related error meassage. Any advise!

%ICC-5-HUGE_BUFFER: Class [RPC    ] with Request id 0 requested a huge buffer of Size 65020

==== ICC HUGE Buffer Usage Stats and Traceback ====

Class  Name    Count    Size    TRACEBACK
-----  ----------------  ------    -----  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2    RPC                    2    65020  -Traceback= 42B042FC 42C8FCF4 422C6EC8 422BB638 422CAB20 422CC6E0 4075CF80 4075D310 4075D410 40BAD7D4 40BA82D0

Rgds,

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Attnnshtoon,

besides this error message, is the system able to boot up and to run the new IOS image ?

>> %ICC-5-HUGE_BUFFER: Class [RPC    ] with Request id 0 requested a huge buffer of Size 65020

This might be a software bug as a traceback is produced. the system buffers are used to hold packets that are destinated to main cpu.  Here there has been a request for a packet of size 65020 bytes too big to be allocated.

Does the message appear only once or multiple times? if multiple times with what frequency?

Again, if the system is up and running you may be fine for the moment if the error message is rare.

You may want to open a service request to Cisco TAC if error frequency is high.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Does the message appear only once or multiple times? if multiple times with what frequency?

Ans:  whenever reboot the SUP card  rebooted, this message appears .After that i did not see agian.

Left it run this system overnight. Next morning when i was checked all services are what i expected.

Base on your experience , could you advise me how to conclude this matter?

Br

Hello Attnnshtoon,

if error message appears only once at reboot you should be able to deal with it. It should be a simple "don't care"

I would not for the moment do anything more, the system is up and running and you should be able to add it to production network

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Okay.. Just wanted to understand, Generally which is make it to Generate Traceback?

Hello Attnnshtoon,

a traceback is produced when a software error occurs. This is usually the symptom of a SW defect/bug

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for your info..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card