Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP2-MSFC2 issue

sevans1979
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone.

I have a SUP2-MSFC2 that once I boot it up, the Status and System LED's go straight to red and the Switch Load shows 2 "bars" and hangs there. I get no console output.

Now this is in a 6509 chassis with a 2500watt power supply. I took off the MSFC2 and it still does it with just the SUP2 part. I also changed the memory and bootflash with no change. This is a "known working" SUP. I have tested 5 of these sups in two days using this same chassis, memory type, etc. So It must be something with the SUP2. Anyone come across this issue, and know what to do?

Any help is apprciated. Thanks in advance

Scott

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

In order to switch the console connection physically to the MSFC on the active Supervisor Engine, use the switch console [Module Number] command. If it will not work try work out with different chassis. Can you please send me the show mod

Hello and thank you for your response.

The thing is I get no console output at all. The minute I turn on the chassis, the Status and System LED's go amber and it does nothing. I can't enter commands, and I get no output.

Thanks for your time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card