Helpful
Replies

SUP720 3BXL

yongsikahn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I got a big problem yesterday.

the reason is that we can not access Supervisor720 3BXL standby module in the chassis. I left our system log and status at the below.

now it just works one SUP720 in the chassis(slot#7)

I don't know what's going on ,,, and no idear also.

Please let me know what parts is a problem.

I attached our log file.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

yongsikahn
Level 1
Level 1

I had already took a replacement such as switchover(actvie to standby), and took away.

is the problem from NVRAM or bootflash?

Hi,

"supervisor-other" means it didn't boot. It must be likely in rommon state so what you should do is to connect to the console port of this SUP and try to boot it manually and check there is a valid image in its bootflash.

HTH

Laurent.

Hi, Laurent

thank you for your message.

when i logged into Rommon, the image existed in bootflash.

and also I typed boot for start manually.

But the Sup-standby could not load.

Please check my attachment file.

Thanks.

to boot from sup-bootdisk from rommom

syntax should be rommon 7 > boot sup-bootdisk:s72033-itpk9v-mz.122-18.IXH1.bin

to boot from disk0 from rommom

syntax rommon 4 >boot disk0:s72033-itpk9v-mz.122-18.IXH1.bin

"boot system flash sup-bootflash" is used when you want to set the boot variable....

see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa1.shtml#s32recover

Make sure u have a green LED on the module first....this might be hardware issue...or u can try reinserting it.

hi, francisco

yes,you were right but when i accessed rommon status, it could not aware about disk0 although we already had inserted Disk0 on the supervisor.

If the compact flash card is new you might have to format and initialised the compact flash card in disk0 for the switch to recognised it on rommon!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco