Views
Helpful
Replies

Suppress copy SCP prompts

thefilmguy
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to backup our ISR router licenses but running

"license save scp://user:password@x.x.x.x/isr4331_license.lic" - this stalls.

Stating % Error: Could not write any license lines to file 

When I save it locally to flash, I try to copy scp which works. Id like to get the first option fixed otherwise I am automating copying from the local flash to a server. But my question comes down to, is how can I suppress copy SCP prompts?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can use EEM to suppress .:

below thread help you :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/how-to-run-tcl-scripts-from-eem/td-p/2504109

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

not really sure what you are asking and SCP prompt you want tu suppress, but in case you want to suppress the 'Destination filename' prompt, you could use the script below. I have configured two versions. The first has 'event none' configured, which means you can run it manually with the 'event manager run' command (when you configure an alias, all you have to do is type the alias name. The second one will run automatically each day at midnight:

event manager applet SCP_LIC
event none
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 2.0 cli command "scp://user:password@x.x.x.x/isr4331_license.lic flash://isr4331_license.lic" pattern "confirm"
action 3.0 cli command "y"
action 4.0 cli command "end"
!
alias exec SLC event manager run SCP_LIC

--> event manager run SCP_LIC

event manager applet SCP_LIC
event timer cron cron-entry "0 0 * * *"
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 2.0 cli command "scp://user:password@x.x.x.x/isr4331_license.lic flash://isr4331_license.lic" pattern "confirm"
action 3.0 cli command "y"
action 4.0 cli command "end"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: