cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T-mobile on Cisco 819-4G possible ? Swap sierra card from MC7350 to MC7455 possible?

Tony_MN
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using a pepwave 4g router for remote cabin, I would like to use a older (cheaper) cisco 4g modem/router (C819).

I have a data plan with a t-mobile MVNO.

I cannot verify that anything works with t-mobile until the cost goes up to ir829.

Does anyone know cheapest way to do cisco 4g router, t-mobile network?

Specifically I'm looking for tuning into Band 2 1900, and band 12 700mhz.

I have a 819 verizon model laying around with Sierra MC7350. I was wondering if there is anything i can do to make it work, maybe change the sierra card that is inside to one that states it covers tmobile MC7455? and would that even work..? 

https://www.sierrawireless.com/products-and-solutions/embedded-solutions/products/mc7455/

Thoughts appreciated,

Tony

5 Replies 5

Thanks Georg,

I'm looking for something older and in the $150 or less range at this point. I'm not seeing anything in that range. Thats why i was really crossing my fingers on being able to tinker with the 819.

Hello,

I looked around, but apparently they don't break it down in detail which Sierra card works with which band exactly. If you change the card, you might also run into a firmware compatibility problem. It will be a trial and error I am afraid. But from what I can tell, your skills should allow you to quickly swap the cards and test...:)

Georg,

heres another IF..

IF i wanted to turn my C819G-4G-vz-K9 into a C819G-4G-A-K9 to use with At&t network, how easy do you think that would be?

I like to tinker a bit. that is the only other network that might make sense to me at this juncture.

Thanks 

Tony

Hello,

to be honest, I don't know what components are different other than the Sierra, for the VZ and the A model. I would think the modem is the only difference. Interesting to know if you get that to work...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card