Views
Helpful
Replies

Test events to be generated on Cisco routers regularly

msagrawal15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Techies ,

I have some Cisco routers sending configuration change logs integrated to Arcsight SIEM (like syslog server). The events generated per second are very low for these devices (3-4 logs in 10-15 days). We raise alerts if we do not receive logs from these devices. So if there is an issue in the connectivity between syslog server and the router, we will get to know only after waiting for 10-15 days (that also isn't a fixed duration).

I want your help to configure cisco router to send some test packets everyday (1-2 events per day) to syslog server through syslog port 514 so that we can confirm there isn't any connectivity issue. Whether a script has to be written or some kind of logging is there which I can forward? Please help.

Regards,

Mitesh Agrawal

1 Reply 1

msagrawal15
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

Any update on this. Anybody knows how to schedule a kron job to generate some packets in logging facility local 6?

Regards,

Mitesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card