Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP via VRF

chopra.nitin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to download IOS into my 10K cisco router.  The problem is I am getting the TFTP server route from VRF table and not global routing table.  Is there any way I can download from VRF table?

The current ios command is copy tftp<> flash<>

Thanks for your reply

19 Replies 19

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Nitin

Is it possible for you to leak the route from VRF to the global IP routing table  or vice versa ? once your vrf route leaks to global, your router will be able to see the tftp server on normal ip routing table. Im not sure about your internal setup or complications, but you can probably have a look at this doc for more help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk832/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080231a3e.shtml

Hope this helps..  all the best..

Raj

Ik think you can solve your problem to set your tftp source interface to one into the correct vrf

try "ip tftp source interface X"  where X is member of the vrf

You are correct Sir.  That worked like a charm for me.  Thanks... Cheers!!

Thanks man you save my life...

this just worked for me. Thanks

Thanks Caiw... Your answer solved my problem

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thanks.  Saved my bacon for a VSS ios upgrade.

:) 

awsome!!

I am upgrading the code on SUP6T, and had he same issue, glad that I came across this discussion. Thanks "caiw netwerkbeheer"

Yes, this 7 year old post helped me too!!!

Saved me a lot of time, thank you!

Concise and helpful... Thanks

Works fine with "ip tftp source-interface BDI501 " in my ASR920 Router

Interface BDI501 is in a vrf.

Thanks !

This worked for me also.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card