Views
Helpful
Replies

Throughput license check on an ASR1002

rnoche914
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Customer is running IOS version 3.5 on their ASR1002. They need to check the current license throughput in case they need to purchase a 36GB license to support another 10G SPA.

We cannot verify it using the command below because they are running an old IOS. This command is for 3.7 onward.

ASR1002#show inventory

NAME: "Chassis", DESCR: "Cisco ASR1002 Chassis"
PID: ASR1002 , VID: V05, SN:

ASR1002#show platform hardware throughput level
% Error: This show command is only available on the ASR1001 and ASR1002.

ASR1002#show license detail

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Below is a sample output of another router that support the command:

Ex:

ASR1002-X#show platform hardware throughput level

The current throughput level is 5000000 kb/s

ASR1002-x#

They cannot upgrade the IOS because it's in production.

2 Replies 2

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I dont think the problem you are facing here with the command is the IOS XE version. The problem here is you are having ASR1002 platform where this command is not supported. The other router where the command is working successfully is ASR1002-X. Because there is a difference in throughput capacity both platforms can handle, the command support is provided.

For ASR1002, i think the only way you can figure out the throughput is using the show interface command and verifying the traffic rate of all the physical interfaces.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Hi Vinit,

Thanks for the response. I believe capturing the summary of the show interface of all physical interfaces will not give me the required information.

I need the actual ASR1002 backplane capacity (out of the factory), and am not sure to assume that it is also the default 5GB like the ASR1002-X.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/models-comparison.html

Will then use this information to inform the customer if they need to purchase a 36GB throughput license.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card