Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking a route-map

Learner09
Level 1
Level 1

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/tracking-in-a-route-map/td-p/3898975

Reference to the discussion in the above link (btw its a very old discussion, that's why I decided to create a new one with reference), can someone please help me the work around solution implemented by the OP ? I tried to understand and do it but in vain, can someone please share the expected configuration. Thanks a lot.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Every environment different, we understand you pointed to other forum thread ? are you having same issue ?

what is your device ? and IOS code running ?

how is your configuration Looks like ?

after adding configuration what challanges and issue you encountered ?

what is not working  ? can you post some output and your troubleshooting's ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello
So are you wanting to implement conditional default route advertisement using rip?

As in the OP - you can utilise ipsla tracking and append that track to a false static route 
Then create a prefix-list to match on that false route and tie the whole thing together within a route-map which then you append in the rip process using the default-information route-map feature.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I see you still confused about this tasks 

Can you confirm if you use ospf or rib?

MHM

The focus of the discussion in the provided link was trying to use a route map with match track to control advertisement of a RIP route. Route maps can be used for many different things and matches that are valid for one purpose may not be valid for some other purpose. I believe that in a route map to control route advertisement that match track is not valid.

I believe that the suggestion from Paul is a very good way to achieve what you want.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card