cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking Objects – Ejemplos y Configuración Básica para rutas estáticas y route-maps

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

So if I have a setup like in the diagram of link below, should the access layer vpc track links to core, and core track links to edge routers/devices?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/200996-vPC-Object-Tracking.html#anc3

2 Replies 2

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So this object tracking example for vPC is for a very specific scenario (a Hardware failure for a module on vPC Primary that could result in suspending all vPC port-channels on the seocndary as well). So in this case they track the links on that specific module (module 3, since they have the connections to both routers and the vPC peer-link on that module) and apply those tracks in the vpc domain.

You should add the tracks depending on your scenario and what you're trying to accomplish

So yes, if i have a two different modules on Cores with connections to an Edge router, I should create tracks to track those interfaces that connect to the Edge router correct?
If I have just ports (no modules) on access switches, I should do a track under VPC as well tracking those interfaces that connect to the cores correct?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco