Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Engineering L2 on GNS3

ahmedamohsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am trying to apply the below configuration on GNS3 but it is showing error that the command preferred path not exist, can any one help

***********************************************************************************

R1(config)#pseudowire-class TE4

R1(config-pw-class)# encapsulation mpls

R1(config-pw-class)# interworking ethernet

R1(config-pw-class)# preferred-path interface Tunnel4 disable-fallback

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

***********************************************************************************

i am using the below IOS with GNS3  2.2.5 

BOOTLDR: 7200 Software (C7200-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

thanks

8 Replies 8

Hello,

I am running version 15.6(2)T in GNS3, and I don't have that command either. I looked around, and it looks like it is supported on the ASR9000, NCS4000, and the Nexus (in NX-OS release 9.3.0)...

Hello Georg Pauwen,
in our production network we have ASR9000 and ASR1000 and both has this command
thanks for answering

Hello,

exactly. As mentioned in the other post, the ASR routers run XR software, that is probably the reason...

Hello Georg,

is the XR software available for GNS3?

Hello,

you can try and install the Cisco IOS XRv 9000 appliance:

https://docs.gns3.com/appliances/cisco-iosxrv9k.html

I do remember that you need quite a bit of memory on your computer to start it up...

I would not use GNS3, try VIRL or free Eve-ng to emulate everything else including IOS, NX, and XRv

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I could be wrong but don't we need XR-based or different class of routers for pseudowire?

Hello Martin,
in our production network we have ASR9000 and ASR1000 one is XR and the second is XE
and both has this command
thanks for answering
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card