cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

traffic policing/shaping

smith606306
Level 1
Level 1

We have a site with a 10mb mpls link and the bandwidth is being maxed out with uploads and downloads to a specific IP website.

What is the best way of policing this so that only 40% of the bandwidth can be allocated to this site.

Am i on the right track with this

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
description  MPLS
ip address 172.**.**.** 255.255.255.252
ip flow ingress
rate-limit output access-group 60 4000000 4000000 4000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

Standard IP access list 60
    10 permit 10.**.**.**

3 Replies 3

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

40% of the download bandwidth

Standard IP access list 60

10 permit 10.**.**.**

class-map match-any websp

match access-group 60

policy-map Shapesp

class-map websp

shape average 4000000

class class-default

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

service-policy input Shapesp

this will limit traffic from 10.**.**.** to 4mbps

dont forget to rate post if it helps

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Andrew,

You're on the right track, but this particular setup would limit the 10.x.x.x subnet to 40% of the total link all the time regardless of destination. Do you have MQC on this router? I would strongly recommend using that as compared to this because you can match on source/destination addresses, source/destination port, etc. If you don't have it because of IOS version, then you may be able to make the above better by doing an extended acl and specifying the 10.x.x.x subnet going to the 1 site that you want to control. You also would want to limit the inbound coming from that site to the 10.x.x.x subnet as well. You may also need to change your normal and max burst bytes to the lowest value instead of equal to the cir.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I wasn't talking about the whole subnet, it is a specific address. 10.1.25.76. We do have MQC on the router so i will look into that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card