Views
Helpful
Replies

traffic redirection at Cisco router

wildker-vit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Everybody!

Could you explain or give some links to the documents the can explain how destination nat is configured on Cisco routers?

For clear understanding the task is to do the same as Linux iptables netfilter does by following command:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.1.1:8080

I think configuring wccp for the task would be a good solution but it imposable as Microsoft ISA does not support wccp. Am I right?

4 Replies 4

d-mark
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.

Actualy, I need to change outside global address for packets coming from local inside addresses.

So, it should be done before routing process in most cases, but according to NAT Order of Operation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080133ddd.shtml

it can be done only by policy routing.

route-map allows to check an ip address and set an ip address, but is it destination or source ip address?

Does anybody have any ideas?

lvanacker
Level 1
Level 1

did you solve the problem, i have the same concern i want to redirect all smtp traffic to one smtp server ?

thanks

Luc

yes, but with a kind of exeptions:

route-map redir-map

match web-traffic

set ip next-hop 172.16.0.2

if that is not the final destination than you should configure that 172.16.0.2 router also

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card