Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic shaping per client on ISR 4331

Hi all

We have a 100Mbps Internet link, feeded by 4 proxy nodes. The proxies are accessed by around 800 users. The point is now I only have four IP addresses as the sources which pass the router. But as every single user creates one or more sessions, I have around 14'000 sessions which pass the router.

My idea now is to shape the traffic, so that if one user starts a download of let's say 10GB, that after a certain amount of traffic downloaded via one single session, the traffic will be throttled to let's say 1Mbps, so that not one or two users can use the whole bandwidth.

Does someone has a config for an ISR4000 router, who had a similar issue and who successfully implemented such as a restriction for the download traffic?

Thanks a lot

Markus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'm unaware of a feature to support that on an ISR 4K.

Off the top-of-my-head, the only technology that comes close is something like a 6500's microflow policer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'm unaware of a feature to support that on an ISR 4K.

Off the top-of-my-head, the only technology that comes close is something like a 6500's microflow policer.

Thanks Joseph for your input. Let's see if other tech guys also supports your statement. The other idea I had was to put another device in front of the ISR 4k which handles this functionality.

Yea, again though, you might find slim picking for such a feature.

The only other devices that might offer something like that would be something designed for the digital DSL or cable users.

Another problem you might run into is being on the outside of your proxies might hide the aggregate bandwidth of all "user" sessions, although you might still be able to target flows.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card