Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering the technology package licenses from old ISR to new ISR 4300

Stanly
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

My current ISR's are having multiple technology packages , now im upgrading to a new set of ISR's with a new IOS version. How do i transfer these package licenses to my new ISR?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The traditional approach for Cisco licenses was when you purchases new ISR that you also purchase new licenses. Recently Cisco introduced a new program Cisco ONE that allows transfer of licenses from an older generation of equipment to replacements by a new generation of that equipment. If your existing ISRs are covered by a Cisco ONE agreement you should be able to transfer the technology licenses. Otherwise you will need to purchase new licenses.

Here is a link that will provide information about Cisco ONE

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/software/one-software/index.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you Rick.
So without Cisco ONE there is no way to manually move these package licenses to the new devices..

Unfortunately I believe that is the case. You could check with the folk who sold you the new ISR and see if they can do anything. You might try contacting Cisco Licensing or TAC and ask them if there is a way. But I am not optimistic about what you will find.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card