Views
Helpful
Replies

Transition EIGRP authentication from Global Setting to interface type

milkies27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm working on Cisco ACI at the moment, as you know ACI doesn't support EIGRP authentication at the moment.

The ACI leaf is currently connect to the Nexus7K switches where the EIGRP authentication enabled at the global settings.

One of the area I'm considering is transition the EIGRP authentication from global settings to interface type so that I can have the interface to the ACI leaf is using EIGRP without authentication.

Question:

- To avoid impact to the existing eigrp neighbor (with authentication), is it ok to configure the same eigrp authentication on the interfaces?  (means redundant EIGRP authentication on global as well as interfaces). Once all the interfaces configured, removed the eigrp authentication at the global settings.

Thanks!

Regards,

Anthony

3 Replies 3

Hello

I cannot comment of ACI but my understanding is eigrp authentication is enabled only on a per interface basis for  for IOS

Are you using named EIGRP with address family's which can use a global AF authentication mode or a specific AF interface which does take precedence the global setting

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the communityā€™s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. The Nexus 7k switch was configured with named EIGRP + global AF authentication at the moment. I'm evaluating the risk/impact to transition it to specific AF interface authentication.

regards,

Antony

Hello

Then Interface AF takes precedence

rrs

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the communityā€™s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card