cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to go to a WAN address that points back to my LAN

mrbates04
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am trying to go to dev.xxxxxxx.com that points to my main interface IP. It works when I am outside the network. But when I am in the lan I have to go to the LAN address. What do I need to do?

3 Replies 3

your web server is located in your lan and you are using nat to access this server through internet. that fine, what you want. if you want to access this server with single ip from land and wan then put a public ip on this server

HTH

Hello

I assume you are performing NAT?

If so what type of NAT is this?  Domain based Iip nat inside/outside)  or domain less ( NVI  based NAT -  ip nat enable)

Between the two the nat order is different - please review this post - here

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Sandeep Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per my understanding you have hosted this web server with in your network so when you are accessing it from external it uses the public DNS entry and uses the public IP address however when you are in your LAN network it routes directly to its private/LAN IP address. check the local DNS in your LAN where it points to if you dont have DNS locally and you are using LAN IP to access this server you can create DNS entry.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card