cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel with several destinaitons

sergebobkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I'm a newbie, so I bag a pardon for probably a stupid quiestion in advance.

Here's a scheme of what I'm trying to reach: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/50119184.jpg/

The red computer generates custom UDP packets which I'd like to receive at a)another computer that is located in the same LAN and b)computer with static IP address that is located in Internet. 192.168.1.1 is 1812 router.

Is it possible to make a tunnel in router with several destinations, so I could send these packets for example to 192.168.1.10 and these packets would be retransmitted to 192.168.1.3 in the LAN and their duplicate would be retransmitted to 95.31.30.93 in the Internet?

I know there's a multicast stuff, but I have only two predefined clients with known IPs and I don't need more. Also I'd like to avoid generating two UDP packets at once for two destinations.

What should I do?

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cam not do it with unicast

You need either multicast or broadcast

HTH

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

The problem with multicast is that it's hard to send a JOIN request from the Internet. You'll have to build site-to-site connection for this, and it's not very comfortable in my situation.

Maybe I can make a static multicast table? So even if my JOIN request won't reach the router, it will retransmit packets to the specified IP? Is it possible?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card