cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Type-5 LSA Question

keegan.holley
Level 1
Level 1

I currently reading Routing TCP/IP by Jeff Doyle. I decided to configure a mock version of his NSSA lab. I noticed that when I chanage the araea to an NSSA it stops receiving type-5 routes and does not recieve a defulat from the ABR. My normal default router is an IBGP peer which should not change. The only external routes that are advertised are those that originated on the ABR. Routes redistributed from BGP for example are lost. My question is this. Is there any way to permit these routes to enter the NSSA without doing anything drastic?

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There may be some aspects of your situation that I do not yet understand. In particular I am not clear whether there is any BGP within the NSSA area.

But it is pretty clear that there is not any way to advertise BGP routes redistributed outside the NSSA into the NSSA. The whole point of NSSA is that externals from other areas are NOT advertised into the NSSA.

I believe that the solution to your situation may be to configure the NSSA so that the ABR advertises a default route into the NSSA. The NSSA ABR does not automatically advertise a default route, but can be configured to advertise a default route.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card