Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to internet through cisco 2600 router

kmumtaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 2600 router and a laptop. f0/0 of router is connected to company network. f0/1 is connected to my laptop. And f0/1 is configured as dhcp server. so my laptop gets an ip address from the router through dhcp. So now the problem is that through my laptop i'm able to ping f0/0 port of the router. But i'm not able to ping any machine beyond the router. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

10 Replies 10

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What's on the other side of the router? The ISP? If so, you'll need to configure natting on the router. Can you post the config?

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi Blakley,

The other side of router is connecting to our company network.

May I know whether other side routers know your f0/1 ip address? I mean is the route published for the ip series of f0/1?

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Hi Thanveer,

I dont think so. Because the other side of the router is connected to our company network.

Can you post the config taking security measures?

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Router(config-if)#int f0/0

Router(config-if)#ip add 173.39.16.88 255.255.254.0

Router(config-if)#no shut

Router(config-if)#int f0/1

Router(config-if)#ip add 192.168.1.100 255.255.254.0

Router(config-if)#no shut

Router(config-if)#ip dhcp pool mypool

Router(dhcp-config)#network 192.168.0.0

Router(dhcp-config)#domain-name khalid

Router(dhcp-config)#default-router 192.168.1.100

Router(dhcp-config)#end

I am not sure to ask this but.....!!!!!!!!

What about routing?

static, default or any other??

Regards
Thanveer

Dear Khalid,

If you are doing a static routing then make sure that every router till the interner one know, the ip series which f0/1 is running.

if is a default route how ever it should reach the next hop and from there it should go acros for internet.

If your config and routing is well and good then

Check if any access list is blocking?

Regards
Thanveer

AhmedSonba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Khalid

I agree wit Muhammed here , I think you have a problem with the Routing, you will need to setup a default route to route your traffic to the other side or the network

for example

IP route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 " ip address of the next hope"

We will be able to help you better if you can post your configuration and the here like

Show run

and

Show IP route

Also please check the following link for more information about how to do static routing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ef7b2.shtml

Hope it will help

Ahmed Sonba

well can you send me your full router config

i think this the problem belong to ACL may be because on a single router there is no need to config any kind of route to establish communication between two network subnet,this is the main work of router establish communication between two subnet.

may be this ip or this subnet is not permit on f0/0 or any kind of security is configure on that port or on router for this subnet or ip.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card