Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping Microsoft KM-Test on GNS Cloud setup

Hi, Glad that I'm part of this community. Expert in GNS and Cisco, I really need your help. I can't ping my Microsoft KM-Test Adapter from GNS router. McAfee Live Firewall and Real-Time Scanning already disable but to no avail. What would be the problem here? GNS3 2.1.21 VMWare Workstation 14 (Free version) NPCap 0.9983

8 Replies 8

Hello,

try and uninstall Ncap install winpcap (latest version is 4.1.3 I think).

Check the thread below, this is a very common problem:

https://www.gns3.com/qa/can-t-ping-local-pc-to-gns3-usin

Thanks Georg for prompt reply.

Unfortunately, after removing ncap and installing wincap the problem are still the same. Please refer below photo.

I'm using Windows 10 1903, GNS3 2.1.21 and VMWare workstation 14 Free Version. Thanks again.

gns.png

Hello,

I assume you rebooted your Windows machine ?

Try and turn of the Windows firewall, and any antivirus software you have...

I did before installing WinCap. McAfee also disable before I run GNS application.

gns3.png

Can you post a screenshot of the cloud configuration and the IPv4 configuration of the loopback adapter ?

Sure.gns4.png

Looks like you have done it by the book. Maybe (now that you have winpcap installed) removing and reinstalling the loopback adapter helps...

I solve this problem by using GNS NAT instead of Microsoft loopback. Now, I was able to ping google.com and others as well as TFTP to my local network.

2019-09-30.png

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card