Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Route Public IP's on 1921 ISR

Gajendra Rao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've got an existing Cisco 1841 connecting to a 10Mbps Internet Leased line. With my current setup I've configured PAT for internet access for my users, and we also have some servers on site which are assigned public ip addresses, these can be accessed from the internet. Now we have procured a Cisco 1921 ISR to replace the old 1841, when I connect the 1921 with an identical configuration in place of the old router, 2 things happen.

1) The users accessing the net via the nat are able to work without any inconvenience (good)

2) My servers which have public IP addresses are unable to reach the internet and subsequently I am unable to reach them via the internet (very bad)

I've tried several permutations and combinations but with no success, any help would be appreciated

1841 IOS version - C1841-IPBASE-M, Version 12.4(3i)

1921 IOS version - C1900-UNIVERSALK9-M, Version 15.0(1)M4 - License ipbasek9

Regards

Gajendra Rao

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likely you have a configuration mistake, even if you can't see it at the moment.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likely you have a configuration mistake, even if you can't see it at the moment.

That was my First, Second & 35th idea but i've checked it thoroughly and also had it checked by colleagues. In fact the same config is working fine on the older 1841 with the appropriate intf name changes of course ( FastEthernet instead of Giga) can't seem to get my head around this problem....

Ok accidently clicked the correct answer link ..... shouldnt be doing this on a phone!!

If you can prove with solid evidence that config is correct and 1921 IOS is buggy, open a TAC case and they will have to fix it.

I'm not really sure what would constitute as solid evidence for an IOS bug, I'll attach the configs of the current 1841 and the new 1921 here. Maybe there's something I've overlooked. Do I need a service contract to open a TAC case?

Regards

no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 GigabitEthernet0/1

and replace with actual default gateway address.

Also, remove all these unnecessary access list. You have NAT, you don't need these.

Just to be sure you mean remove the ip route command entirely and use a ip default-gateway command instead?

and the access lists you're referring to is it 101 ?

GR

Use ip route with gateway address, not ethernet interface. That is a beginner mistake never to be made.

Changed the command, still the same result

Post revised configuration and explain what exactly is not working, in full details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: