cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to set hardware clock on ISR4321 on Release Everest-16.6.7 MD

Rene2
Level 1
Level 1

How do i set the hardware clock? the calendar options are missing from this release.

The only settings I see are

ISR#clock ?
set Set the time and date

ISR#clock

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay this is quite peculiar

I set the time through the WEB interface, and this worked. After rebooting clock was now saved to the hardware clock.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- How do you mean , seems like the clock command allows  you to set time and date ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

It does, but it does not write to the hardware clock, so when the ISR is rebootet, time is incorrect

Here is how to set up the clock manually :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4-2/system_management/command/reference/b_sysman_cr42crs/b_sysman_cr42crs_chapter_0100.html

Can you post-show version, like to see your reg value.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I just tried upgrading to 17

ISR#clock read-calendar
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

ISR#

--------------------------

ISR#sh ve
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.01.01
Cisco IOS Software [Amsterdam], ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 17.1.1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2019 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 22-Nov-19 03:43 by mcpre

Cisco IOS-XE software, Copyright (c) 2005-2019 by cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved. Certain components of Cisco IOS-XE software are
licensed under the GNU General Public License ("GPL") Version 2.0. The
software code licensed under GPL Version 2.0 is free software that comes
with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You can redistribute and/or modify such
GPL code under the terms of GPL Version 2.0. For more details, see the
documentation or "License Notice" file accompanying the IOS-XE software,
or the applicable URL provided on the flyer accompanying the IOS-XE
software.

ROM: IOS-XE ROMMON

VOIP01 uptime is 2 hours, 38 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 2 hours, 40 minutes

ISR#

- Could  you try entering the command clock calendar-valid in configuration mode (conf t) and try the update and read commands again afterwards. This command makes sure that the hardware clock gets trusted.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

unfortunately this dosent work either.

Could it be that these commands have been depricated?

I have  ISR 4K with a different version: below command works fine -

can you post the output  clock? ( config or # mode)

4.3Clock ManagementClock management is restricted to the privileged administratorUse the commands below to configuring the time and date:

router(config)# clock timezone zone hours-offset [minutes-offset]

router(config)# clock summer-time zone recurring [week day month hh:mm week day month hh:mm [offset]

]router(config)# clock summer-time zone date date month year hh:mm:ss date month year hh:mm:ss [offset]

router(config)# exitrouter# clock set hh:mm:ss date month year

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ISR#clo
ISR#clock ?
set Set the time and date

ISR#
ISR#
ISR#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
ISR(config)#clo
ISR(config)#clock ?
calendar-valid Calendar time is authoritative
summer-time Configure summer (daylight savings) time
timezone Configure time zone

ISR(config)#

Okay this is quite peculiar

I set the time through the WEB interface, and this worked. After rebooting clock was now saved to the hardware clock.

>I set the time through the WEB interface, and this worked. After rebooting clock was now saved to the hardware clock.

- How where you able to verify this statement ?

M.

I am just wondering: maybe that internal hardware clock, which is a battery-driven, onboard device, is broken, or the battery is empty ? Not sure how to check that though...

It is battery driven, and the router has a battery on the mainboard (i opended it)

Im pretty sure it is not broken, since the router remembers the hardware clock, my problem is that i cant adjust the hardware time.

- Not sure, you may want to issue show tech-support  , analyze the output and check if there are any references to the hardware clock and or it's status. Further more check the link below and if the command-set (system verify) is available try them out and generate a detailed report. Then also look for references concerning the hardware clock :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4-2/adv_system/command/reference/b_advsys_cr42crs/b_advsys_cr42crs_chapter_0100.html#wp2046640800

M.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is the router loaded with SD WAN firmware?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card