cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Set outbound BGP community

SURYA AHUJA
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to set a route community while advertising a network in BGP in this manner.

!

route-map Loo0

match int loop0

set community 300:10

!

router bgp 300

network 6.6.6.6 mask 255.255.255.255 route-map Loo0

This however does not work. The solution is removing the match statement from the route-map mentioned away. However, I am unable to understand why this has happened . Any clues ?

9 Replies 9

Hello,

if you do a 'sh ip bgp', is your advertised network 6.6.6.6/32 using loop0 as the next hop ? As far as I remember, the 'match interface' command only works when the route's next hop is the interface specified, loop0 in your case.

I do have an update-source  loopack0 in my neighbor statement !

Surya,

do you want to match loop0, or loopback0 ? What is the exact syntax/spelling of the Loopback interface you use as the next hop ?

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

"If a match command or Match Clause value in ASDM is not present, all routes match the clause."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration85/guide/asa_cfg_cli_85/route_maps.html

" the absence of the match commands, the entire routes or packets are matched here."

http://www.examcollection.com/certification-training/ccnp-concept-of-route-maps.html

That is indeed correct. It does not answer my question though. My point being that matching the interface wouldn't have been wrong !

Pawan Raut
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have below command in global config?

ip bgp-community new-format

Yes , I do !

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Can you pls provide the detailed config and "sh ip bg" & "sh ip bg 6.6.6.6/24" before and after applying this route-map?

Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Surya we have seen many times that the route-map with network statement does not work properly. Could you please use the route-map with the neighbor statement and see if that works.

Also, another thing that you can try is remote the match statement and just use the set community command under route-map.

Finally, can you verify if you have configured the neighbor x.x.x.x send-community command under the address-family.

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card