Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Rommon from Rommon.??

Lee Kendrick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an ASR1013 with an RP2 and i am unable to boot the ios from either the bootflash: or the usb0:.

I am getting an issue:

SHA-1 hash doesn't match
boot: error executing "boot bootflash:asr1000rp2-advipservices.03.13.00.S.154-3.S-ext.bin"

I have tried multiple version of code as well as multiple boot sources (bootflash, usb, and TFTP via the network fails with a TFTP memory issue)

I have read here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11836181/upgrade-asr-1004-not-function, that upgrading the rommon code may resolve the issue, my only query is, can i upgrade the rommon sorftware from rommon mode.. ? this doesn't seem to make sense to, but not being able to boot in to the IOS means I am kinda stuck..

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

KR

5 Replies 5

Iulian Vaideanu
Level 4
Level 4

Try upgrading the ROMMON after booting from USB with an IOS XE version that's old enough for your current ROMMON version.  I've never done USB boot on ASR1K, but apparently it's as easy as plugging in the stick (FAT16, 4GB at most) and typing "boot usb0:imagename.bin"...

Hi ivaideanu,

Thanks for your response..

i will try this now and let you know. :-)

If I'm reading this table correctly, any IOS XE version up to (and including) 3.7.x should do (except for the unlikely case that you have a ROMMON older than XND):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/release/notes/asr1k_rn_rel_notes/asr1k_rn_sys_req.html#96550

SHA-1 hash doesn't match
boot: error executing "boot bootflash:asr1000rp2-advipservices.03.13.00.S.154-3.S-ext.bin"

This basically means your IOS is corrupted.   You may need to download the IOS from the Cisco website.

Ref this issue, the rommon upgrade was the correct path to take (this should have resolved the problem, however the rommon upgrade failed and this was put down to a fault module). Cisco replaced our RP with a newer version of rommon code, we were then able to deploy the correct software version and restore the switch.

Thanks for your input. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: