cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UPGRADING CISCO 2901 RAM

ugwuugochukwuk
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all, I visited one of my clients recently and found out his router was down. It was giving the error below :

"Failed checkerboard test Bad RAM at location 0x8046A444: wrote 0xAAAAAAAA, read 0xAAAAAEAA %%ERROR: DDR memory test failed! Stop. Failed all 0xffffffff test Bad RAM at location 0x80B44044: wrote 0xFFFFFFFF, read 0xFFDFFFFF %%ERROR: DDR memory test failed! Stop. Failed checkerboard test Bad RAM at location 0x8046A444: wrote 0xAAAAAAAA, read 0xAAAAAEAA %%ERROR: DDR memory test failed! Stop. Failed all 0xffffffff test Bad RAM at location 0x80B44044: wrote 0xFFFFFFFF, read 0xFFDFFFFF %%ERROR: DDR memory test failed! Stop. Failed all 0xffffffff test Bad RAM at location 0x80442600: wrote 0xFFFFFFFF, read 0xEFFFFFFF %%ERROR: DDR memory test failed! Stop. "

I've concluded the RAM is faulty but the current RAM is onboard. Can this onboard RAM be replaced with a detachable RAM instead of replacing the router entirely.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The router is dead and, because it is already past end-of-life, cannot be RMA-ed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The router is dead and, because it is already past end-of-life, cannot be RMA-ed.

ugwuugochukwuk
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks for your response @Leo Laohoo . I have passed the information to the customer. Any ideas on what could have caused the issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card