Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from 8T1 bundle to Fractional DS3

shivam.agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have been given a task to upgrade 8T1's bundle to DS3 Fractional circuit. We are currently using 2821 router with 4 VWIC-2MFT. What card/module I need to order for upgrading to fractional DS3. Also are there any compatability issues with ISP or local router.

Thanks

Shivam

6 Replies 6

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Double check with the carrier/isp first. Its going to require new service.

You may get a better deal by using a rate limited ethernet offering if one is available in your area.

It does appear that the clear channel T3 card will work in this device, but the 2821 is end of sale.

shivam.agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know is the router compatible for Ds 3 circuit with HWIC-4esw or HWIC-FE1

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

In Cisco 2821 routers, the network module slot adds support for a single network module enhanced extended (NME-X), and an additional slot supports an extension voice module (EVM); 3 PVDMs are supported; the LAN ports support 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports; and 36 ports of IP phone power output are available

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps5854/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

lists compatable modules, the -4esw does not appear on the list, the FE1 does.

How does the DS-3 fit into all this ?

shivam.agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Fractional DS 3. Also will 2821 not support factional ds3.

Assuming you have the slot available on the HWIC it should.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps4909/product_data_sheet09186a008010fba2.html

the link indicates that this will work for subrate (fractional) DS-3 services.

shivam.agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hehe thanks for the help , but we are now changing the hardware to 2921 with HWIC GE sfp interface card. So now no compatibility issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card