cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(Urgent) Router rip and default static route incompatible? Packet Tracer

Frankfurters
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I need to submit this packet tracer in about 9 hours. I thought I was done with this but I found some problems that popped up.

The devices in the green area can ping the red area, while the devices in the blue and yellow areas can no longer ping the red area. I'm pretty sure they used to be able to.

SGRouter, MYRouter and INDRouter are all on Ripv2, while there is a static default route between SGRouter and ISPRouter. No routing information should be forwarded to the ISP. I changed a few things since they last worked, including setting up SSH access to most switches, and setting up the wireless router. Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

actually, if you just use 'redistribute static' under the RIP configuration, it works as well. You don't need the static route to 157.240.24.0/24. The 'redistribute static' redistributes the default route to all the other routers.

So the below should be sufficient:

router rip
version 2
redistribute static
passive-interface GigabitEthernet0/0
network 10.0.0.0
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0/0

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

What are the username and password for the routers ?

Sorry, it's admin and admin12345.

What is the 'enable' password?

Sorry again.. it's "class"

Hello,

on the SGRouter, add the static route below:

ip route 157.240.24.0 255.255.255.0 Serial0/0/0

and redistribute static into RIP:

router rip
version 2
redistribute static
network 10.0.0.0

Hi. Thank you for helping.

Is there any way to continue using a static default route? According to my assignment: 

• Configure a static default route at SGRouter such that all user workstations in the Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia office can access facebook.com using their web browsers.

I'm also supposed to use dynamic routing. (Router rip is the only one taught to me)

Hello,

actually, if you just use 'redistribute static' under the RIP configuration, it works as well. You don't need the static route to 157.240.24.0/24. The 'redistribute static' redistributes the default route to all the other routers.

So the below should be sufficient:

router rip
version 2
redistribute static
network 10.0.0.0
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0/0

I see. Thank you so much, You have just saved my grades!

Good luck with your studies !

Hi. Thank you for the well wishes.

If it isn't too much to ask, can you also take a look at why the laptop can ping other areas, but other PCs cannot ping the laptop?

Thank you again for all the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card