cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User support on Cisco 18)) ISR

pmcglory
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco 18811 fixed configuration routers state that the user support is only 50 users.

What does this mean and how to cisco enforce this number i.e. is it 50 arp caches???

5 Replies 5

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

To the best of my knowledge, I didn't see anywhere in the Cisco document specifying about the number of users supported in 1811 router. Tell me the link or the document you are come across for this specification.

I have raised a TAC case on this and had it confirmed that this Cisco 1801ISR series has a mac limit of 50, so only 50 users in total can use this box from the wireless or LAN connectivity.

I must admit the spec is very vague and some of the installation pdf show connection of a hub to the switch port. It also states in the data sheet that user support is 50, however I thought that meant 50 leap/wireless users.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps5853/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028a95f.html

I think it is disgracefull for cisco to have this design critical information and bury it deep in some data sheet.

The above link, I am not able to access.

Can you please provied some other link.

Thanks

-Rcp

Here is the PDF of that web page

ertrqueen
Level 1
Level 1

It appears at one time Cisco may have placed hardware limits on the # of users in the 18xx/87x/85x routers, but that is no longer the case. The user limits are merely recommendations, and are not enforced by any means. I just confirmed this via a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card