cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using my own Class-C addresses behind a TW router and an RV320/RV325

David Thigpen
Level 1
Level 1

Our company owns a class-c address range.

Our network provider, TimeWarner (now L3), has dropped a data line in with a /30 net addresses. They have also designated that our class-c addresses are to be sent to our router so that we can use them down-stream of our RV325.

Everything seems to be working fine, except.....

We have a couple of network devices that contact an external server. That server then uses the source ip address in the packet and opens a reverse connection back to our device on a special port. The problem is that all our packets have a source ip address that equates to the /30 address of the WAN interface on the RV325, not the true address (one of our class-c addresses).

Current settings:

The WAN address is the /30 net address with the GW being on that /30 net. On the RV325, we have DHCP turned off. We have placed our class-c address range in the "Multiple Subnet Table". VLANs are turned off.

I think I need to change the "working mode" to "Router" on the Advanced Routing panel. When I do that, my outbound packets now have the correct source-ip address, but the inbound routing is not working. Because from an outside network, I can then ping the "dot-1" address that I used for the router, but I can't ping any other addresses on the internal network.

I need some help.

Thanks, Tony

1 Reply 1

vishal vyas
Level 1
Level 1

Its look like you are still doing Nating using your interface ip address. If you own public ip range /24 you don't need to do nating. 

Please make sure your ISP is advertising your public subnet in to the internet. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card