Views
Helpful
Replies

Using of Stack-Wise Virtual technology at Intermediate Node

hafeezali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to use Stackwise Virtual technology at Intermediate Node as it is a point of aggregation for access layer and it can still support layer-3 routing.

Regards,

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure  SVL it support Layer 3 routing. Do you see any difficulties, please explian or show us the issue undertstand better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Since SDA is a Layer-3 solution, where as SWV is for Layer-2 technology, I am wondering if it is a good design to use SWV technology or to keep underlay network with pure Layer-3 at all levels.
What Cisco exactly recommends here?
Regards,

Cisco Offer Many solutions. But business need to take decision on based on the below conditions i look.,

1. is the organisation ready to SDA / DNAC ready to deploy

2. how big is the network. ( few or les than 50 devices ?) - so so i would not bother to go with DNAC

3. there is possibility you can deploy SDA with DNAC, but is this really required organisation point of view.

4. If you have any legacy network - you need to consider.

5. if you looking only Core - then i would suggest to go with SVL - or Layer3 depends on your comfort and experience to maintain same.

Sure Cisco moving towards DNAC - what cost ? can the organisation ready to spend ?

BB

I want to run this Node for Legacy Network which is using HSRP to replace with new two devices and should be ready to support for DNA in near future.

if you like to like a replacement, then use L3 Mode with HSRP,  to support your legacy environment.

sure it will be DNAC ready new Cat 9K models.

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card