Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using RIPv2 for Active Standby Setup

We Have 2 Routers acting as Primary and Secondary connecting to MPLS Cloud, right now HSRP is  configured for Link failover, can i use RIPv2 instead of HRSP for Link Failover ?

How can i achieve this please suggest..

3 Replies 3

cofee
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Please share drawing of your network and other details like routing protocol running between CE and PE routers.

Hi, 

RIP and HSRP are used for different situations, from my personal point of view I dont see a reason to replace HSRP by RIP. Could you please share more details?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Both Links terminated on different routers from same service provider using mpls cloud BGP AS number XXXX and static routes pointing to firewall.  right now i have hsrp with ip sla  for active backup link failover. can i use ripv2 instead of hsrp for active backup failover?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card