cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using two ISP internet on a router to achieve load sharing and fail-over.with port forwarding for WEB servers

okoroji80
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community Members.,

I have a requirement to setup internet connection from two different ISPs.

the two links from the ISPs are expected to be up at the-same time sharing the internet connectivity load .

In addition to this its expected that at any point when one of the links fail the other should be able to carry all the traffic put together.

Also in addition to normal internet users, there are web servers with public presence on the internet  and the servers are not expected to go down because one of the ISP is down.

How can i achieve the above ?

thanks.

19 Replies 19

Update on the route-map statements for that scenario

route-map lan1 permit 10

match ip address 100

match interface, isp 1 interface

route-map lan2  permit 10

match ip address 101

match interface, isp2 interface

My confusion is on the lan interface. There are two lan networks :10.10.10.0 and 10.20.20.0.pbr is enabled only on one lan interface. What of of the lan interface for the other lan network (10.10.10.0 or 10.20.20.0)? Also, the two route-map statements lan and lan2 are matching the same interface y/Y. It's confusing.

Hello Community,

I need your assistance. I have this instructions to carry out......

Two internet links –MainOne (100/100Mbps) and Vodacom(50/50Mbps) will be connected to the 4331 router.

z

The Two Links to be aggregated to a single bandwidth of 150/150Mbps

Give priority to traffics from activities such as video conferencing, emails and voice

Apply rules to give priority to Some users and traffic when MainOne (100Mbps) link is down.

Configure the router interfaces ready for monitoring – ability to retrieve traffic detail from router interfaces for traffic analysis

Hello Community,

i have similar problem. I have to carry out the under list instructions for a client

Two internet links –MainOne (100/100Mbps) and Vodacom(50/50Mbps) will be connected to the 4331 router

The Two Links to be aggregated to a single bandwidth of 150/150Mbps

Give priority to traffics from activities such as video conferencing, emails and voice

Apply rules to give priority to Some users and traffic when MainOne (100Mbps) link is down.

Configure the router interfaces ready for monitoring – ability to retrieve traffic detail from router interfaces for traffic analysis

Hello,

we need more information:

--> what routing (protocol) is being used between your routers and your ISPs ?

Best to post the full configuration of your 4331, and indicate which traffic, for which users, you want to go out through which link.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card