cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USR 56k 10 dip switch setting and initialization string for cisco 9k switch console

ananddahiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I have 2 usr 56k external modem and pot lines.  1 Modem at remote site is connected to cisco 93180 switch on console port and 2nd modoem i am using to dail in. I tried multiple dip switch settings and initialization sting but always getting Connect 9600/ARQ and stays like that. 

Can someone help me with what setting shall i use for 10 dip switch modem and initialization string for 9k switches.

Thanks in Advance

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

usr modem = US Robotics?

you may want to access their website to find info about the modem DIP switches ......

that said (you already have that info) 

Connect 9600/ARQ should suggest 9600Baud, default Cisco console settings is 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, and no parity

if the switch is configured for a higher baud rate, the modem should match this.

You may need to review your cabling. If improperly cabled, the two modems will connect, but the receiving modem will not send data to the connected device.

Do you see any transmit and receive LED blinking when sending characters?

When your switch is connected to a network you can reverse telnet into the console port and look at characters received from the modem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card