cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VDSL connectivity. Multiple VDSL Circuits (Cisco 897VAB)

Hello,

I'm using the Cisco 897VA with the following (working) configuration...

controller VDSL 0
 operating mode vdsl2

interface ATM0
 no ip address
 shutdown
 no atm ilmi-keepalive

interface Ethernet0
 no ip address
!
interface Ethernet0.3180
 encapsulation dot1Q 101 second-dot1q 3180
 ip address 10.195.196.197 255.255.255.192
 ip ospf priority 0

I would like to add a second VDSL but not bonded as it isn't supported by our provider.

Does the Cisco 897VAB allow me to do that, and if so, does it present a new layer 3 separate interface for the second circuit for me to configure? (i.e. does Cisco 897VAB have an "Ethernet 1" interface linked to the second circuit?)

This guide ( Configuring VDSL2 Bonding and Single-Wire Pair ) suggests that it is possible to potentially have two separate circuits (using Single-Wire Pair mode), but I just want to be clear on how it actually operates and interacts with the Ethernet interface.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know the answer, but I expect you will still see a single layer 3 interface.  I believe the bonding is done at layer 2.

In brief, what I am trying to find out is if the Cisco 897VAB is able to terminate two different VDSL connections, each with their own separate Layer 3 interface, without using the bonding (is this what Single-Wire mode means?).

It anyone able to assist with this query?

Is anyone able to assist with this query, or shed any more light on 'Single-Wire mode'?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card