Views
Helpful
Replies

Very low throughput on CSR1000v

Marco Luecke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've downloaded the R3.10.0S for evaluation. The Eula is accepted and the premium eval license is active. The throughput is set to 50MBit, but I only get about 99 Kbits/s with Iperf between two CentOS VMs (non bi-directional).

The router has basic configuration. Same with R3.9.0aS a few weeks ago.

Kind regards,

Marco

3 Replies 3

sullivan.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marco,

I've deployed two of these in an end-to-end scenario across an IP network between two cities, I'm seeing exactly the same thing.

Throughput doesn't appear to increase above the default 2500Kbit/s despite accepting the agreement, and increasing platform throughput.

Did you get a resolution?

Hi Patrick,

my solution at the moment is switching the vNICs from vmxnet3 to e1000. After that, I get a throughput of about 48MBit/s. But this is not the recommended setting from the docs. What vSphere version do you have? I've tested it on 5.1 and 5.1 Update 1.

Regards,

Marco

Same as you, vSphere 5.1 update 1.

That worked for me as well. Throughput back closer to 50Mbit/s now.

I didn't even bother doing that before because as you say the doc recommends using VMXNET3.

Have you tried putting your NICs back to VMXNET3 after setting them at E1000?

Wondering if it's just something to do with the rate-limit getting stuck after deployment and the change of NICs resets something or whether it's inherent to the VMXNET3 adapters on vSphere 5.1...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card