Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan and routing issues

I have switches with routing enabled on them, on 1 them several vlans and svi  100, 200, 300, 700. When i am doing ping 8.8.8.8 from source vl100 i get response, when i do ping with no source no response. Ip route shows default route goes via vl700 , so I assume ping uses vl700 interface as source by default, correct? 

How can i fix this so I'd be able to ping 8.8.8.8 from default , without source vlan? No ACLs exist. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you guys for responses. I found a way with ip default-gateway XXXX command and using ip of that necessary vlan 100 which is able to reach internet, and ip http client source vlan 100 , that i needed to activate smart licenses. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

the device that does the NAT translation needs to know of all networks that need to be translated. Which device is doing the NAT ?

looks like i figure it out, 

so vlan 100 ip subnet is reachable from other parts of the LAN , while vl700 is not. SO I am just not getting response back. Am I right? 

Hello

@Bekzod Fakhriddinov wrote:

looks like i figure it out, 

so vlan 100 ip subnet is reachable from other parts of the LAN , while vl700 is not. SO I am just not getting response back. Am I right? 

Possibly could part of your problem by which vl700 traffic is being denied however as it was stated by @Georg Pauwen this vlan 700 also needs to be network translated if it runs on a non public routed subnet, And if it does you would probably have another networking device such a router performing this network translation.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello, check steps below;

1. Certify that your all networks have NAT configured properly.
2. Certify that your default router, if is a firewall, had a router back to all networks in your L3 device.
3. Certify that your environment has firewall rules allow the traffic from all networks in your environment. (if has firewall)

Regards,
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Thank you guys for responses. I found a way with ip default-gateway XXXX command and using ip of that necessary vlan 100 which is able to reach internet, and ip http client source vlan 100 , that i needed to activate smart licenses. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card