Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan not going up

Ed Lo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I should say I've had this problem before and it was resolved using interface Wlan-GigabitEthernet0/0 switchport mode trunk. This is on another router and it's not working this time. I've attached the config files as both would be too long. I followed the same steps as last time but the vlans won't go up with this command.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is not sufficient. You also need to create the VLANs (as I posted before) in the local switch database.

1941#conf t

1941(config)#vlan 2

1941(config)#vlan 4

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

have you created the VLANs locally ? What is the output of 'show vlan-switch' ?

I'm only using a 1941w router and it's not connected to any network switch.

What I mean is: have you created the VLANs like this:

1941#conf t

1941(config)#vlan 2

1941(config)#vlan 4

I did it by doing:

1941# conf t

1941# interface vlan 2

Doesn't this create them as well, or is this the mistake I made in making the vlan?

That is not sufficient. You also need to create the VLANs (as I posted before) in the local switch database.

1941#conf t

1941(config)#vlan 2

1941(config)#vlan 4

Hello

You need to make sure the trunk is up and that vlan is allowed to traverse the trunk

sh int trunk

or

That you have a active port in the vlan that isnt coming up.

Sh vlan brief

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card