Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan Password

naqibsafi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, i hope to be fine.

how to hied or set password to Vlans which another users cannot access the vlan. is it passable to set password into vlan or hied it. if passable please send me command.

thanks,

4 Replies 4

Martin L
VIP
VIP

ACL and Vlan Maps maybe can help you in limiting access to some resources on vlan x from switch perspective;

otherwise, ACLs on router to block access to servers, etc

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

there is no concept of password in the VLAN but there are many methods to get the same as:

1. Use the Access list

2. Use the VRF-lite etc.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hello,

on a side note, I guess one way to 'hide' specific Vlans would be to use VTP and set the switch with the Vlans you don't want anybody else to access to 'vtp transparent'. That way, the Vlans configured on that switch would stay local.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
When a user connects to a port, usually the port has been specified with one specific VLAN. From that VLAN, as the other posters have noted, you can further control where traffic from that user/VLAN is allowed.

Further, if you get into port authentication, you can control whether a user is "allowed" to use the port. (I recall [?], one of the methods used for port authentication requires a password. I also recall port authentication can assign a VLAN to the port. [Year ago, I worked at a company that implemented port authentication such that our employees, if they connected to a conference room jack could get an internal company VLAN, but outside users would get a "guest" VLAN assignment, which was very restricted in where it go.])
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: